My story






Who are you, people ask? What do you do? Well sometimes I feel like telling them that it's a really long answer and are you really that interested in knowing?! The short answer is I’m a Marketing Professional gone rogue. An avid traveler and a baking enthusiast. And now I'm an Emotional Wellness Coach in the making.

 

The long answer is: I'm an ex Marketing professional who went rogue and quit her job and freelanced as a strategy consultant for a few years. I traveled as much as I could, worked when I had to, discovered I was a pretty good baker and earned some money off of it as well. Well, again as time went by, I found that while all the consulting work kept me afloat financially (well just about), that,  again it definitely wasn't pulling at my heart strings. Life has a strange way of eventually bringing you to where you need to belong and here I am 5 years later, having done some amazing Inner work on myself and now, I'm ready to help others on their journeys of their lives. A certified Coach and an Emotional Wellness Coach in training, I finally have found my space in life.

 

During my third corporate job, one that I did like very much and actually loved the area of my work, there came a point where I was just too damn tired. I was physically exhausted; I was mentally drained and emotionally I was a total mess. To be very honest I just didn't know who I was any more. 


There’s something I learned only very recently about the Evolutionary Growth curve of life. This is about the curve of life and how us human beings are extremely comfortable when all is seemingly well and mostly about how we tend to ignore all the warning signs that life, the universe, call it what you may, sends us. And before we know it, we’ve hit our rock bottom. This bottom as it’s called is extremely individual and one can’t generalize where one hits it. Its different for everyone, and it is at this phase where a decision just HAS to be made. There are no two ways about it, the pain felt there is just too unbearable. I know now, it was at the point where I just had to take a decision and get out. I had no plan; I didn't know what I was going to do; but I had to quit my job. Now the thing is, I did have that luxury of choice. I had no responsibilities except for my own self, and I could take that decision. A decision for which I’m extremely grateful. However, I'm also extremely aware of the fact that this luxury is not available for most of us. 


I eventually started freelancing and then with whatever money I earned I traveled as much as I could, far and wide. Some were adventure trips (of my own definition) some weren’t, but I had fun.

And one fine day, an opportunity dropped into my lap and little did I know it would change my life. 

An innocent suggestion from my Mum who’d heard of a lady coming into Delhi to teach EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). She asked me if I'd be interested in learning  EFT. "It's just a two-day workshop for personal development and if you want to do a professional plan, its four days", said she. I decided to do four days why would I want to do the shorter workshop; I had the time. However, when I began the workshop, I didn't know what hit me I was suddenly introduced into a whole new world. I was meeting people I would have never met before, areas of their work, the names of their vocations; it was all so different to anything that I'd ever seen or even heard of. It would be dishonest of me to say that I didn't wonder if I'd just wandered into a la la land of some sort. ( No offence to my fellow healer friends!) 

Net net my life changed after. I soon found myself doing a series of workshops in another emotional healing technique. I hadn't realized at the time that that people had been waiting to complete the learning of this skill for years. This emotional healing method is called The Journey by Brandon Bays. I suddenly found myself doing the next each level every month this was something that had just been given to me.



Life gave me an opportunity to seek within myself and without even realizing I was I was doing practitioner courses in the hope that one day I'd be able to help people too. It's been a six month right so far, I’m still new to the field the one thing I'm sure of and I know from inside is that I'm definitely a clearer, more empathetic, more confident individual then when I started out this journey. I now understand why I was suffering the pains that I went through and now am armed with tools and techniques and self realizations to deal with life way better than I was prior to this learning. I definitely don't aim to be a saint of any sort, I am still very much my own person; but lets just say I am more comfortable being myself than ever before.

 

One of the reasons I want to share this with young professionals and people at large is that you don't really have to reach the deepest pain in your life to realize these things. If someone had just taught us the tools before we're doing well equipped to deal with the child and tribulations of life. Every person has their own journey, everyone has their own story but one can still be equipped with tools and should be able to do necessary inner work just to make their own journey that much more comfortable.  Hey, we only live once right? We might as well enjoy the ride!

Comments

  1. Very well articulated journey. Thanks for sharing, reading this blog itself is comforting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stress Buster Tip # 1 - Have you ever heard of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), also known as Tapping?

How to Have That Difficult Conversation with Your Boss: 3 Steps to Lead You to Productive Conversations